|STAGE & SCREEN|
By Sharee BROOKS
|Save The Last Dance, Paramount Picture's new hip-hop dance/interracial love film directed by Thomas Carter, has everyone from preteens to their momma's saying, "Ooh, I wanna see that!" The brothers are sweating this one too even if they don't all say it out loud. The only question is: Does it live up to the previews? The answer: No doubt! Save The Last Dance explores the interracial relationship between two young people who share an unequaled love for dance, (one hip-hop, the other ballet). Starring Julia Stiles (Sarah) and Sean Patrick Thomas (Derek), this film is a crowd pleaser from beginning to end. Proof that Save The Last Dance is all that and a large $4.50 bag of buttered popcorn:|
You don't want to miss this one!
- Group applauds throughout the movie/in unison at the end.
- The sound of people suckin' up snot during the tearjerker scenes.
- Nobody over four talking during the film, except to yell out an occasional "Yeah!" and "That's right!"
- And a whole bunch of folk still sitting in their seats as the credits rolled, making sure that they got the last drop of Save The Last Dance.
- Save The Last Dance knocked Castaway out of the #1 slot in it's opening weekend.